Blue Badge Style Awards 2022
Blue Badge Style was founded by Fiona Jarvis and celebrates exceptional venues that welcome everyone through their doors. It also ensures that ‘wherever you go or whatever you do it is a positive, cool, fashionable and elegant experience, whatever your style, whatever your disability’.
Fiona Jarvis first realised she might have MS when she kept falling off her high-heels! ‘People thought I was drunk – and that was the confusing thing, as I could well have been.’ That was over 20 years ago and today she uses a wheelchair to glide through life.
Blue Badge Style
Our Nominations for 2022
Sesame Access have been nominated for
- Leonard Cheshire Award, Most Inclusive Venue/Organisation Best Luxury Hotel (GSY),
- Bespoke Hotels Award, Access Champion of The Year
- Historic England, Best Venue in an Historic Building
Great Scotland Yard
Here is the lift in Great Scotland Yard
Our previous nominations
Sesame has won the following Blue Badge Access Awards in recent years:
- Lifetime Achievement Award = Mr Charlie Lyons, founder of Sesame Access lifts
- Best Accessible location = Sesame lift at Houses of Parliament
- Historic England Listed Building Award (Highly Recommended) = Sesame Access lift at Kimpton Fitzroy Hotel, London . https://www.sesameaccess.com/about/news/2019/kimpton-fitzroy-hotel-wins-historic-england-highly-commended-prize-at-access-awards
The awards take place on 28th April in Manchester and we are going with our friend Alex Vasquez who is nominated for Access Champion.
Stay tuned for the results in the upcoming weeks...