£32,500 per annum + overtime + pension (potentially rising to £35,000 per annum after 6 months)
Byfleet, Surrey KT14 7LF
Proud and capable, this customer facing role is for an engineer with an eye for detail and discipline for delivery. Develop skills in hydraulic and electronic systems whilst immersed within a forward-thinking dynamic company with an excellent working culture.
We are looking for a professional individual with a hunger to develop skills and champion pride in their work. Requiring a strong understanding of problem solving, engineering and reading from drawings, you must be a team player, efficiently manage your time and be personable to our customers.
This fun and rewarding role involves travelling to liaise with main contractors and other trades on job sites, to deliver our products and services while problem solve any issues. 60% of this role is site based, 40% workshop based.
There could be significant international travel with this role. Australia, France, Dublin, Europe, UAE, rest of the world.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintenance and installation of high end mechanical and hydraulic products on local distance, and potentially international projects
• Detailed reporting of findings whilst on site
• Assembly of products and components in the work shop
• Implement process and production improvements where applicable Additional Duties
• Ensure vans and workshop kept clean and tidy
• Any other duties as requested by the Head Engineer
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in mechanical engineering environments
• Comfortable reading engineering and technical drawings
• Organised and methodical in your approach
• Good communication skills
• Driving licence
• GCSE qualified including English & Math
The ideal candidate will live within an approx. 20-mile radius of the workshop as it is the departure point for all jobs.
• Able to play leading and supporting roles within a team
• Evidence of attention to detail
• Proactive and able to work under their own initiative
• Professional presentation and appearance
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Understanding of hydraulics and/or electronics
• Previous experience on construction sites
• Methodical worker / organised mindset
• QC experience
• Problem solving
• Most of this role is site based in London, but also UK wide and international, with overnight stays
• You will need to work Saturdays as required, but this is relatively unusual • Suitable PPE for this work will be provided by the company
• Transporting loads and standing for long periods throughout the day • The suitable candidate should be in a physical state to allow for this • Compulsory Manual Handling Training is provided for all workshop based employees
• Asbestos Awareness training will be provided for any applicable site work • The successful candidate will also undergo forklift training, arranged and funded by the company
• 20 days holiday per annum. 3 of these days are automatically deducted for the period between Christmas and New Year because the company shuts down on December 24th and opens again on January 2nd.The successful applicant will have 17 days to use throughout the working year.
• Company-wide profit-related bonus policy based on yearly productivity heavily influenced by builds and installs on time and within budget.
Appraisals every 6 months. The first 6 months of employment is considered the probationary period, however salary will remain the same. The starting salary is £32,500pa based on 45 hour week + overtime. Potentially rising to £35,000 per annum after 6 months. Salary reviews are at the discretion of the Managing Director.
Sesame Access Systems Ltd designs, fabricates and installs high quality bespoke disabled access stair lifts. Our unique patented lifts are the only type of its kind in the world. As our lifts are almost 'invisible’ and complement the architectural design of buildings, our products are sought after by architects representing listed buildings, English Heritage, and prestigious building across the global markets etc.
If you wish to apply for this position, please supply your CV to
[email protected] or call Steven Lyons for an informal chat 07740 340925